Production Blog: Continuing the Editing Process

The best free video editing software in 2021 | Tom's Guide

Production Blog

After the 22nd of March, all of the video footage that would be put into my movie was shot. Shooting was very successful. Thanks to planning as well as trial and error, we already knew exactly what needed to be improved upon so we could be very efficient. Since there was not much left for us to shoot on that day, my friends and I ended up staying at the park longer for a bit of fun, but I digress. Now that all the proper footage was at my disposal, I could further my editing process. I had already laid down a solid foundation with my preparation described in the last blog. All that is left is for me to adjust the key elements (audio, lighting, etc.) and also play with the minor aesthetic elements (transitions, certain video effects, etc.). As of this entry, I have just begun this continuation of what I had already done. With the usage of the plug-ins mentioned in the last entry, I created transitions that matched each scene. Specifically in scenes containing action, I was able to be more creative and include transitions that really accentuated the action within the scene. For example, in the montage-esque sequence when Carl is preparing for his tryout with the college scout, I was able to utilize more complex wipes and lens flare transitions, among others. I also adjusted the shakiness that is almost unavoidable when suing a cellphone to record footage. Also, I found that I had to use software to manually adjust distances due to my perceived lack of consistency in shot length. During this editing session I also prepared the titles for the film. I worked on the visuals of the titles primarily and plan to animate them at another time. Using Sony Vegas I was able to somewhat create the images that I desired, but I also used Adobe Photoshop to have access to more manipulation of the text if I needed it, which I didn't really needed. Having recently learned to animate within Adobe Premiere Pro, I am having thoughts of switching the project over to that platform depending on how I notice the editing process is going towards the later stages. As I do not have any formal training in Sony Vegas, it may be ideal to switch over to Adobe Premiere Pro for a more polished look, despite my comfort with Vegas. I will be continuing to discuss my editing successes in the next entry! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music