Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music

HomageBeats by Shang on Dribbble

 Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music 

    Filming did not go as I'd previously scheduled. 11th graders at our school had to take the SAT on March 3rd, 2021. I had planned for filming to begin on March 3rd  and continue into March 4th, however my other participants did not feel that they could come out to film after taking the test. This is understandable, and I respect the fact that they may need some down time after being tested for 5 hours. In the meantime, I began research on possible music choices that I could use in my film. I'm going to need three different types of background music in my film: upbeat hip hop music, casual hip-hop music, and dramatic music. For the hip-hop instrumentals, I looked into Homage Beats, who is a beat producer who makes a wide variety of hip hop beats. I am familiar with Homage's work because I have used some of it in past videos (personal). I have identified 6 different beats which I think fit my film very well, and I have contacted him in regards to getting permission to use his work. Though in his video descriptions he states that there is not copyright on nonprofit creations, I still want to make sure that I have his written approval. As I wait for dis response, I am also looking into dramatic music that  can be used in my film. I only need one track of dramatic/suspenseful music, however I haven't settled on where I am going to get it from. Most of the dramatic I have looked into has been more on the "epic" side of the drama genre. The closest dramatic/suspenseful music I have found comes from Fesliyan Studios. I will continue to look through his work, as well as other's work. I would not say that I'm disappointed that I couldn't film because I still have a lot more time to work in filming sessions. The reasoning for why my participants couldn't make it out is very valid as well. Honestly, I was worn out myself after the test so I would even say that this break is welcomed. I am definitely looking forward to filming soon!
The SAT Program (@OfficialSAT) | Twitter

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video