Planning For My Music Video


 

Planning For My Music Video

Song Title: 

The title of the song I intend to use is Brenda's Got a Baby. It was made by Tupac Shakur in 1991. The song, which features R&B singer Dave Hollister singing background vocals with Roniece Levias, is about a 12-year-old girl named Brenda who lives in a ghetto and has a baby she can't support.

Props:

I do not intend to use any props within my music video. The music video will only involve actors and a particular setting. 

Costumes:

I intend to dress in a style that is reminiscent of 90s rap attire. I will be wearing some form of baggy pants as well as a baggy shirt. I will either be wearing a pair of Nike Airforce 1s or a pair of Timberland Boots, which were common choices for footwear in the 90s. I plan having another person within the video as an actor and he will be wearing similar attire. 

Location:

The location of the video will an empty street. I will be walking down a street within my video so any empty street in a residential area will be of use. I have two specific streets in mind for this video, but any empty street will do. 

Backup Plan:

I have three plans for three separate possible unfortunate occurrences. The first is in regards to participation from an expected actor, the second is in regards to transportation, and the last is in regards to the weather. 

 Firstly, if I cannot pick up my other actor for the music video, I will act out his part with the usage of cuts and camera shots. I will either film both parts separately and put them together using camera cuts or I will duplicate myself with the use of a still camera and superimposition. 

Secondly, if I do not have access to an automobile to take me to the locations that I thought of, I will use the long empty street outside near my home to film the video. It is right in front of my house and though it may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the other locations I had in mind, it is typically not very busy, and that is the most important thing.

Lastly, if the weather does not allow me to travel outside, I have a location within my household which I can use to film the video. It still has access to natural lighting, while also having a covering to protect from rain. It may not have the length that will allow me to shoot the video in few takes, but with editing, I can produce the same results. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music