Filming Recap Blog: Mickel Park

Filming Blog: Mickel Park 

All the filming for my commercial was completed on Saturday, October 31st. I played the role of both director and actor in the filming process. The filming was done at Mickel Park, a park near my house. I made sure to bring my costume which was just some athletic clothing, as well as the prop, a Smartwater bottle. I ran a bit before filming began to gain the sweaty and athletic aesthetic.

As the director, I made sure that my camerawoman was aware of how the commercial was meant to be filmed. I directed her on how to move the camera, where to stand to get the proper shots, and when to start and stop filming. I looked at the footage after recording each scene and made adjustments where necessary. I recorded each scene a minimum of two times, regardless of whether or not the first take went well, to ensure that they came out as good as possible and I would have options to choose from when editing.

As an actor, I made sure that I accurately portrayed my role within the context of the commercial. I emphasized the point that I was tired in order to introduce Smartwater as a solution to that problem. During the third scene, I tried to exaggerate my surprise to make the viewer aware of the fact that the Smartwater was previously next to me. Most of the acting was physical as opposed to expressional, luckily for me, since I have no previous experience in acting. 

Overall, the filming session went smoothly. It unexpectedly rained on the 31st, but the sky quickly cleared up and the sun shone through. The only troublesome scene was scene four because my camerawoman was having difficulty zooming in, but it didn't take too long for her to get it right. We filmed for a total of about one and a half hours, which is less than expected. There is no need to go and film any additional scenes or do any retakes, thankfully. I attribute this to the fact that my storyboard was detailed and clear, to the point where I used it as a step-by-step plan rather than improvising the scenes. I am extremely familiar with Mickel Park so that is the reason why I could visualize everything that I was going to do before even stepping foot in the park on the 31st. 



                                                               Scene three from my Smartwater commercial. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning For My Music Video

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music