Filming Recap Blog: Joseph C. Carter Park

 Filming Recap Blog: Joseph C. Carter Park 

All the filming for my music video was completed on November 21st, 2020. I played the role of director and actor in my music video, though I was not the sole actor within the video. I picked up my second actor and we went to the filming locale. The filming was done at Joseph C. Carter park, on the track. I brought my costume in a separate bag and we chose the part of the track we would begin filming.

As the director, I instructed my actor on how to express his lines, tone, and the mood that I was trying to create in the video. I also had to direct my camera woman on which camera angles and movements to use. I directed her on how to move the camera, where to stand to get the proper shots, and when to start and stop filming. The video is shot in one take, so I made sure to check the quality of the footage after each take. Luckily, we got the footage we needed in under 5 solid takes. Majority of the retakes had to be done because of mistakes made on my end. The setting gave us no difficulty in the filming process. 

As an actor, my job was to recite all of Tupac's lyrics up until the ending point. I had a bit of difficulty remembering my lines when we first began filming even though I practiced them many times. By the third take, I had my lines and mannerisms memorized and was ready to go. I had to make sure to look at the other actor to express the story telling aspect of my video, as well as enunciate each word properly to sync up with the music. I had to make sure that my mannerisms and expressions were natural and fluid. My biggest fear was that I would look into the camera too much, however that was never an issue. The acting experience that I gained from my previous project most certainly helped me in this one. 

Overall, the filming session went as expected. There were more mistakes made on my hand than I thought there would be, but they didn't impact the session greatly. If there is any negative that came out of that filming session, it would be that the footage came out just a bit shaky, however it became unnoticeable in post. 

Orange Bowl Field at Carter Park - Legacy Gifts | Orange BowlJoseph C. Carter Park | South Florida Finds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music