Blog About My Group

For the short film I will be making this year it is possible to work in a group.  Last year, I could also work in a group for my film intro.  Last year, I chose to work with alone.  This year, I entered the class slightly late so I had to join a group that was already formed. Luckily, I joined a group that consisted of a few friends. My group consists of Nicholas Arnold, Kyle Weiner, and Grant Cipollone. Last year, Grant worked with one person in his AS-Level class:
Nicholas Arnold. He worked with Nicholas Arnold who happens to also be a friend of mine and they luckily got into the same A-Level class and formed the group that I would join a bit later.

For the  movie intro they made last year, they needed more actors than previously anticipated, so they asked for some help from friends that had taken Media Studies before themselves.  Among them was Kyle Weiner, another member of our friend group.  Kyle took Media Studies AS level before they had, so they couldn't work with him but, when working with him on they film intro, he seemed very knowledgeable about the process and provided valuable insight from his own experience.  This year, Kyle decided to take AICE Media Studies A-Level so, naturally, the four of us have decided to work together.  

Last year, I worked mostly independently, but I'm excited to work with a somewhat large team this year. Though I am proud of what I was able to accomplish last year, I do believe that the film we produce this year will be significantly better than what I produced alone. One reason is because we have more minds to come up with ideas and solutions to problems.  The other reason is because we have more combined experience with making films.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning For My Music Video

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music