Production Blog: Accepting Advice Due to the fact that I am working this project alone, from an academic standpoint, I received little direct feedback during production of the film. Working as both director and producer, my visions and ideas were not really questioned during filming. While editing, I am working completely alone because of my parents' lack of familiarity with video editing as a whole. I consider this a disadvantage because of the simple fact that there are wonderful ideas and beneficial input that others can provide that I could not come up with on my own accord. Therefore I set aside the past couple of days to gather some input strictly from participants within the film's production. I am now in the later stages of post-production and believe this is the key time to gather extraneous input before I finalize my film. I can gather even more input, some from individuals not part of production, when the film is seen through for the first time. First off I gathered...
A group of friends explore a creepy forest and mysteriously die one after another This is our group's pitch for our film. This pitch may sound similar to the pitch of Nicholas and Grant's Media Studies AS level film introduction. That is because it is. We all really enjoyed the idea they had for their last project and want to expand on it. Kyle, our third group member was also involved in the film introduction from AS Level. He was an actor in the film. In fact, he was the actor with the most screen time. The short film will have the genres of mystery and horror. We plan for the tone to be serious. Hopefully, even scary. There are many ways we have thought of making the idea from our AS Level project more in depth. We do not plan to use footage from the last project. Instead, we will simply use the idea as inspiration and make something new from it. Perhaps we will make one of the students in the g...
In the first set of 6 scenes, the beginning of the film is depicted. It includes general exposition shots like establishing shots. In the second set, the characters take steps to take control of the situation but Rory is easily scared by a rabbit. This shows how frightened and vulnerable he feels. In the next set, Greg supposes they set up camp because they are lost. Though there are some arguments from the others, they end up complying. In the fourth set of scenes, there is a need for firewood. So, the group sets out in opposite directions to gather as much firewood as possible. The first to return to the campsite turns up empty-handed because all the wood on the ground is wet and unusable. Then, the others start appearing without much firewood themselves. In the next set, the mood is still noticeably anxious during their modest campsite dinner. Then, a disagreement is sparked over how to proceed without Rory....
Comments
Post a Comment