Production Blog: Filming Continues/Music Search Continues

Actors wanted for new TV show filming in Cleveland: How you can audition  for 'Burnt' | wkyc.com

 Production Blog:

Shooting for my film continued on the 10th of March. At this session, we re-shot a few scenes which included Carl, and we got to shoot scenes with the college scout. The actor who was supposed to play the college scout was now available so the scenes which included his character were able to be filmed. Most of the shots that we took a second take of were dialogue shots as well as closeups. The initial shots weren't bad, per say, but I thought they definitely could have been improved upon. Capturing the proper tone of voice as well as the correct facial expression for each scene was harder that I had anticipated it would be. The scene where Carl receives the phone call from the college scout gave me the most trouble. On this filming date, I didn't have to do much as a director because the scenes with the college scout went unexpectedly well. I believe my actor is a good physical actor and the scout has limited dialogue so he was comfortable in that role. Due to the delay from the actor playing the college scout, we plan to have another filming session this upcoming weekend, just to perfect any scenes that seem capable of improvement. Other than filming, I continued to search for music for my film. I have yet to receive confirmation from Homage Beats for usage of his instrumental, but I'll continue to wait before I send a follow up email. For dramatic music, I have settled on a couple pieces of music that seem to fit my theme quite well. One realization that I have is that I'm going to need more than one piece of music of each type (hip hop & dramatic). While watching some of my footage back and visualizing the shots pieced together, I realized that background music was going to be needed for majority of the scene. While I could simply use one track for each genre of music throughout the whole film, I would prefer some variety. Other than the music delay, I'm glad that things are going quite smoothly. By the next filming session, everything should be sorted and I can begin the major editing process. I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music