Starting The Final Task

     Hello, my name is Carl Backer and I am in the eleventh Grade. I chose to take AICE Media Studies for multiple reasons. Firstly, I have some prior experience with video/media editing, and I thought that my little bit of prior knowledge would allow me to get through this class slightly easier in regards to the video editing portions of the class. I also chose to take this class because the information that would be taught that I was not familiar with seemed very interesting to me. I was very correct as I have already enjoyed learning so many interesting and unfamiliar things. My favorite part of the class is watching the project you've been working on for weeks come into fruition. And while the project may not come out exactly as you envisioned it, the slight failures within your success are just lessons that can be used on future projects.

    In regards to my final task, I have chosen to work alone to create it. Other than a couple of potential actors, I plan on my film to have the possibility to be completed completely individually. This is mainly due to the circumstances that the Covid-19 pandemic has put me in. The only people I have access to help me with this task are friends that are not taking this course so they can only be supporting actors in my project. Due to the danger of Covid-19 I am not seeking to find any of my peers to work with, as I am not familiar with any of my classmates' health conditions and personal beliefs on the pandemic. Also, I have done all of my previous tasks individually and have found success so I do not think that I will struggle with my final task. Though, this choice is partly due to personal preference as I would most likely choose to work alone for most tasks even if Covid-19 did not exist. I like to be able to move at my own pace, and wouldn't want to be held back by an under-performing team member. And on the flip-side, if my efficiency was to slow down, I would want to have no one else to blame. Accountability is key in self-improvement.

    I have already begun thinking of many different ideas of what I could base my final task on, but it is difficult to come up with interesting ideas that can also be pulled off individually. However, I am confident that I will settle upon the perfect idea for my specific circumstances. 


Image result for black person writing



Image result for movie camera450 × 600

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music