My Pitch

     I came up with two different ideas for my final task, but only selected one of the two. The first pitch goes as follows: a young basketball player encounters one last opportunity to play ball at the highest levels, however the road ahead of him is not at all easy. My idea for this pitch was that I was going to be playing a young high school basketball star who encountered a major obstacle early in his career and had to stop playing. However, he is approached by a college recruit who offers him the opportunity to have a personal workout and potentially earn a scholarship. The film would follow his actions after he does or does not impress the college recruit. 

    The second idea was very different from the first. The pitch goes as follows: a young man receives a series of instructions in the form of cryptic notes from a person who claims to be his future self, but can even trust himself? In this potential film, I would be a young man he suddenly begins receiving notes at random times from a person who claims to be his older self, however the young man struggles to complete some of the crazy actions that are being asked of him, and also tries to uncover whether or not the messenger's claims are true. This film is more of a thriller while my first idea is more of a light drama. 

    Honestly, I would be very content with working on either film. The basketball film seems like it would be very fun for me because I enjoy the sport and I would almost be acting out a dream. I also would have my friends be actors in the film so there is more opportunities for me to have a good time filming. The thriller, however, seems like it would be very fun to explore different scenarios and unique interactions that could happen between a young person and a future version of themself. It would also have a lot more complexity in the scenes that I could create, and I would really have to utilize my imagination to completely flesh out the story. 

    In the end, I chose to begin working on my first pitch simply due to the fact that it would be a lot easier for me to complete. The pitch was: a young basketball player encounters one last opportunity to play ball at the highest levels, however the road ahead of him is not at all easy. Realistically, I could complete both films, but I would be more comfortable and efficient working on the basketball one. The thriller is both very complex and almost forces me to work totally independently. With the basketball film I could have more opportunities to get the feedback and ideas of others, and I could have a full understanding of what it is I want to accomplish within the film.

 

Image result for basketball 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music