My Music Video


My Music Video

The music video came out just as I'd thought it would. The black and white effect really set the tone of the music video very well. There are many positive takeaways that I get from watching my music video, however, now that it is a finished product, I see many things that I could've done that would've made my video that much better. Looking back, I should've committed to an empty street, rather than shooting on the track at Joseph C. Carter park. While the track does not take away much from the tone of the video, an empty street or sidewalk would've fit the video's theme better. I would've put down the camera shakiness as a negative, but luckily, I was able to eliminate that issue in post. Another issue I noticed is that my lip syncing could have been better. I settled for what I had because I thought my lips syncing was good enough, but I could have emphasized certain words more and pronounced each syllable more vividly. It would have benefitted the video if I had asked my fellow actor to remove his mask, but due to his few lines and the health concerns, I chose not to. The superimposition in the video worked well to provide some visuals to the reader, rather than making them visualize what was being said in the video. A positive in the video is that I had the rhythm of the song memorized completely and could repeat it with the same cadence as the original artist. The song choice itself was definitely a factor in why the video came out as good as it did. Brenda's Got a Baby does not have very many extreme shifts in rhythm and maintains a steady flow throughout. Another positive was the pace at which I walked alongside my actor. It was very natural and made the conversation seem organic, and not forced. However, I was ,kind-of, missing one element from my storyboard. I would have liked to express the fact that we stopped moving more dramatically at the end of the video. In my storyboard, the second to last slide shows that emphasis should be put on the fact that the characters stopped walking forward, implying that the story has ended. This ended up not being a really significant even in the video, and it was not that noticeable that we stopped moving. Overall, I am content with the outcome of my video, despite seeing quite a bit of room for improvement. I hope that I can continue to improve so that in my next project, I will only have to detail the positives within it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music