My Smartwater Commercial


My Commercial 

The commercial was completely finalized on the 1st of November. This was my first time working on any type of real life video production and I really enjoyed the experience. As I rewatch the finished project, I cant help but notice things that could've been better. Looking back, there are a lot of things which could have been improved on. For starters, I obviously wish that I could've had access to a more powerful camera. My phone's camera certainly did its job, but the quality could have been much better than it was. Having an actual camera with a tripod would have made it easier to do certain things as well as made the shots steadier. I also noticed that the zoom-in in the the fourth scene could have been a lot smoother. I knew that it was a bit choppy and sped it up in post, but I can still notice it slightly. I'm not sure if that could have been worked around because my camerawoman struggled with zooming in on a cell-phone without making the footage a bit shaky. In a perfect world, I would have preferred to be in a much more pleasantly looking setting, but I am, of course, limited to my neighborhood. Though, despite those things, there were still a lot of things that I thought went well in the commercial. I believe that my acting was sufficient even though I had no previous experience doing it. Also, all the elements within the commercial went well. I had no unexpected issues with the setting and all the mis-en-scene elements turned out well thanks to thorough planning. I am happy to say that my visualization and planning skills improved greatly throughout this project and I have found a new method of planning out things with storyboarding, which was very useful. Initially I had much grander plans for this commercial, but I had to work with what I had. I am not disappointed with my work in the slightest and I am very proud of the results of the commercial. Since I completed the commercial most by myself, I tend to critique it a bit hard, but I am happy with the outcome. I am very excited to both further improve upon my lackluster videography skills as well as show off my editing skills in upcoming projects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music