Editing Recap Blog: Finalizing the Footage


 Editing Blog: Smartwater Commercial 

The editing process began with myself identifying what footage was the best among the footage that I had recorded. Once I had determined which scenes were superior, I put them in the correct order. Now the issue at hand was shortening the commercial down to thirty seconds. Initially, without any editing being done, the commercial was about fifty-six seconds long. The first scene only needed to be cut down slightly; I removed the excess footage of me running away from the camera. The second scene, luckily did not have to be shortened at all. The cut between the first and second scene created perfect continuity in regards to my movement within the scenes. The third scene had to have the beginning and ending shortened. The beginning consisted of my camerawoman telling me she began recording and the ending went on a bit longer than it needed to. The fourth scene had to be reworked the most. I had to cut the fourth scene down from ten seconds to about five. I also had to speed up the scene because the zoom-in was slower than it should've been. The fifth and sixth scenes did not need much editing to their duration. After a bit of tweaking, I finally got the duration down to exactly thirty seconds. The next step was to make sure there were no audio issues. Fortunately, I did not have any audio issues and, in fact, the naturally occurring background noise complimented the commercial quite well. At the end of the commercial I edited in text, added music, and added a transition. The text read "Smartwater. There when you need it.", and the music was some upbeat guitar strumming. The text appeared as the music began and the commercial ended as the music concluded. I added a transition in between the fifth and sixth scenes to show that there was a passage of time. It was a simple "mix" transition and was used to imply that I was in the process of drinking the Smartwater. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film: The Terrible Old Man Analysis

Planning For My Music Video

Final Task Filming/Editing: Adjusting to Schedules and Identifying Music